Stop Lying To Yourself

.........Some lies you told you and you have probably come to believe is true. You can be more if you will change them as follow:
1
. “It’s too late; there’s no use.”

Say instead: “It’s not over yet. I can start by doing the easy little things first.”

2. “I can’t do what they expect.”


Say instead: “I can respond appropriately,” or, “I can do what’s needed and it’ll work.”

3. “I can’t show this. I have to get it right. It needs to be perfect.”
Say instead: “I’d like this to be of superior quality, but I can only do my best. A few mistakes won’t kill me.”

4. “I don’t know where to begin. I don’t know what to say.”


Say instead: “Starting somewhere is better than starting nowhere.”

5. “I’ll do it when I find the perfect situation/person.”
Say instead: “I’m willing to take risks.”

6. “Even if I try, I’ll make a mistake. I’m not good/smart enough.”

Say instead: “I can adapt to any situation. I’ll do what’s necessary to make it work,” or, “I’ll get better at this.”

7. “Whatever I do, it’ll always be the same. It doesn’t make a difference.”
Say instead: “Let’s try this one more time.”

8. “I’ll take care of it tomorrow/later.”
Say instead: “I’ll do five minutes of this to start,” or, “Let’s cut it up and do one thing at a time.”

9. “This is just too hard.”


Say instead: “This can be easy and effortless.” (Even if it might require you to spend some energy.)

10. “That’s the way I am. I can’t change this.”


Say instead: “I’m willing to make an effort,” or, “I’m willing to change.”

Comments

Popular Posts