What is your vision?

My business and financial Coach, Strive Masiyawa, is a successful businessman. He is the founder and Executive Chairman of Econet, a diversified global telecommunications group with operations and investments in over 15 countries. His business interests also include renewable energy, financial services, media and hospitality. I like to be successful like him.  And when he talks, you must listen. He is a successful religious man- so, you can be successful and still be religious. I was opportune to hear him speak at Loveworld IPPC for the first time and ever since then I have always crave to hear and read anything from my coach.

He wrote a piece on his Facebook page, and I will love to share it with you. What is your vision? My coach advised: "A vision is not a vision if you aren't prepared to pay a price to make it happen. Making money is not a vision, and neither can it be a mission."

Hmm...

 First, I will humor you with a Yoruba language version, then give you the English translation. After all Yoruba is also an international language too.

LOL!

But if your sense of humor is as low as mine: Just scroll down and read in English.

A otito: Kí ni rẹ iran?
Ogun-odun marun seyin, a ọwọn ore ni America gbọ nipa awọn lai Mo ti a ti lọ nipasẹ ni Zimbabwe ni mi akitiyan lati gba ohun ọna-aṣẹ fun mi mobile owo. O si wà kan oga director ti ọkan ninu awọn tobi ilé iṣẹ ni America. Ti o fe lati ri bi o ti le ran mi.
"Mo ti a ti soro si diẹ ninu awọn gan gbajugbaja ọrẹ mi nipa ti o," o si bẹrẹ si so fun mi nigba ti a ba pade kan diẹ osu nigbamii.
"Mo ro pe o ni o pọju lati di a lapẹẹrẹ onisowo. Nítorí, nibi ni mi aba: Fun soke ni ifojusi ti a mobile owo ki o si wá sinu nkankan bi McDonald ká. Mo ti sọ si awon eniyan nibẹ, ati awọn ti wọn yoo fun ọ a idibo fun eyikeyi African orilẹ-ede ti o fẹ. o ti wa ni o kan ohun ti won nilo. Won yoo irin ni o si fun ọ olu. "
O si ki o si se alaye fun mi bi o yi o lapẹẹrẹ agbari sise. O si fun mi kan opoplopo ti iwe lori wọn, eyi ti mo ti ka wipe ìparí. Mo wà ni idi bẹru wọn, ati emi mọ anfani yi le yi aye mi lailai. Pẹlu ife ati awọn won leto acumen ati support, o yoo ṣe mi a gan, gan ọlọrọ eniyan.
A diẹ ọjọ nigbamii, Mo ti a npe ni mi ore ati declined awọn anfani. Pẹlu awọ to owo lati ifunni ọmọ mi, ki o si ko mọ ohun ti yoo ṣẹlẹ tókàn, Mo ni ṣiṣi pada si mi olufẹ orilẹ-ede lati tesiwaju mi ​​ija.
Sare siwaju: ogún-odun marun nigbamii, Mo ti sure sinu mi atijọ ore, bayi ti fẹyìntì lati rẹ ise. O si wò mi ni oju, pẹlu glistening omije: "Mo ti tọ ọmọ rẹ pẹlu iru igberaga. O waye ohun gbogbo ti mo ro o le. Ati awọn ti o ṣe ti o lori rẹ awọn ofin. Maa ko da."

Ti o je kan lile, lile ipinnu fun mi lati ya. Jẹ ki emi wi fun nyin yi, "Bi gun to bi o ba n gbe ni akoko ati aaye kun," o yoo wa ko le dá ye lati ṣe ipinnu bi yi ọkan. O yoo wa ko le dá diẹ ninu awọn alakikanju, alakikanju ipo. O yoo wa ko le dá ifaseyin, ati paapa kikorò disappointments, ni igba.
Mo ní a iran ti ohun ti mo fe lati se, ati ki o Mo ti a ti ko lilọ si wa ni distracted lati pe iran, ani nipa ohun ti dabi enipe lati wa dara anfani.
Sinmi: "Afẹfẹ nfẹ si ibi ti o gbé wù, ati awọn ti o ngbọ iró rẹ, ṣugbọn iwọ kò mọ ibi ti o ti wá tabi ibi ti o ti lọ. Nítorí náà, o jẹ pẹlu olukuluku ẹniti a bí nipa ti Ẹmí."

Emi ko ni a iran lati ṣe kan pupo ti owo; Mo ní a iran lati yi pada telikomunikasonu ni Africa. Lori mi Iduro, Mo ní a ise gbólóhùn eyi ti o wipe, "Wa ise ni lati ya telikomunikasonu si gbogbo awọn enia ti Africa."
Ti o ba ti mi ise ti ti lati ṣe owo, Emi yoo ti gba a idibo lati ọkan ninu awọn ti o dara ju ilé iṣẹ ni awọn aye.
A iran jẹ ko kan iran ti o ba ti o ba ko ba wa ni pese sile lati san a owo lati ṣe awọn ti o ṣẹlẹ. Ṣiṣe awọn owo ni ko kan iran, ati ki o kò le o wa ni kan ise.
Loni ni mo ni miiran iran, ati awọn ti o ba wa ni o!
Duro pẹlu mi, a ni ise lati se papo. O ti nikan o kan bere.

Translation:
A Reflection: What is your vision?

Twenty-five years ago, a dear friend in America heard about the travails I was going through in Zimbabwe in my efforts to get an operating license for my mobile business. He was a senior director of one of the largest companies in America. He wanted to see how he could help me.

"I have been speaking to some very influential friends of mine about you," he began to tell me when we met a few months later.

"I think you have the potential to become a remarkable businessman. So, here is my suggestion: Give up the pursuit of a mobile business and come into something like McDonald’s. I have spoken to people there, and they will give you a franchise for any African country of your choice. You are just what they need. They will train you and give you capital."


He then explained to me how this remarkable organization worked. He gave me a pile of books on them, which I read that weekend. I was in absolute awe of them, and I knew this opportunity could change my life forever. With passion and their organizational acumen and support, it would make me a very, very rich man.


A few days later, I called my friend and declined the opportunity. With barely enough money to feed my children, and not knowing what would happen next, I headed back to my beloved country to continue my fight.


Fast forward: Twenty-five years later, I ran into my old friend, now retired from his job. He looked me in the eye, with glistening tears: "I have followed your career with such pride. You achieved everything I thought you could. And you did it on your terms. Don't stop."

That was a hard, hard decision for me to take. Let me tell you this, "As long as you live in time and space," you will not be spared the need to make decisions like this one. You will not be spared some tough, tough situations. You will not be spared setbacks, and even bitter disappointments, at times.

I had a vision of what I wanted to do, and I was not going to be distracted from that vision, even by what seemed to be better opportunities.


Pause: "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

I did not have a vision to make a lot of money; I had a vision to transform telecommunications in Africa. On my desk, I had a mission statement which said, "Our mission is to take telecommunications to all the peoples of Africa."

If my mission had been to make money, I would have accepted a franchise from one of the best companies in the world.

A vision is not a vision if you aren't prepared to pay a price to make it happen. Making money is not a vision, and neither can it be a mission.

Today I have another vision, and you are in it!
Stay with me, we have work to do together. It has only just begun.

For more on his coaching click

Comments

Popular Posts