When No Believing is Wrong

#:    As a young boy, my father told me about my great grand ma who was the great warrior princess,Efunkoya. Different folklore about her that I don't know which one could be true of this heroine.
   As young guy in school I was told of great thinkers like Pluto, Sun Tzu, Socrates, Aristotles. These guy were intelligent minds. Quintessential sages of their time. I love to read their teachings and quotes.
   At sunday school, I was told how Jesus defiled all the laws of Physics: He walked on water and won't waste funds on ferry. (That can't be lie because I have watch Chris Aire walk on pool). I was also told how after resurrection before his disciples he defeated gravity and gave an insight into laws of aerodynamics..
Wait a minute!
   But when I ask my historian friend if all true stories (or folktales) were not just a figment of some great thinker's mind and these guys not some protagonist of the great stories. "Sceptics!" He called me.
Was I a sceptic?I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: And in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary: Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell: The third day he rose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty: From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead: I believe in the Holy Ghost: I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints: The forgiveness of sins: The resurrection of the body: And the life everlasting. Amen.
   I do have a belief and it is my truth! It might not make sense to any one but it does with me. Your rejection those not annul my belief. And so do my not accepting your belief annihilate yours. It matters what you have come to belief as your TRUTH.
What do you believe?

Comments

Popular Posts